Thursday, June 19, 2014

Just Some Plans for Padlet

June 19, 2014

After seeing the functionality of Padlet for the first time last week, I am determined to get my second graders using the site by the mid-year point next school year. When I check out the link on our class site that had suggestions for what Padlet could be used for, I was inspired by the KWL chart idea. However, I would use Padlet for creating a whole-class Reading and Analyzing Nonfiction chart.  With technology so accessible through our class Smart Board, I can easily demonstrate how to make a Padlet page entry for my students and then get them to work, possibly jotting and editing their thoughts on actual sticky notes first.  I’ve been using half of a bulletin board these past three years every time we create a new class RAN chart about another nonfiction topic.  Padlet will help me save space in my classroom and using it will boost up my students’ technology skills!  




This site could also be used individually for students as an online board for sharing new learning about a nonfiction topic or for students needed extension opportunities.  I could have those students research and organize their notes for an information book through a Padlet board!

No comments:

Post a Comment